- *** Clearance Items ***
- *** New Products ***
- Bulk Aquarium Supplies
- Betta Fish Supplies
- Planted Aquaria Supplies and Equipment
- Shrimp Supplies
- Turtle and Reptile Supplies
- Bird Supplies
- Cat Supplies
- Dog Supplies
- Spare Parts
- Aquarium & Fish Tanks
- Aquarium Accessories...
- Aquarium Air Pumps...
- Aquarium Air Stones & Valves...
- Aquarium Cleaning & Maintenance...
- Aquarium Filters...
- Aquarium Filter Media...
- AquaClear filter media
- Aquaworks filter media
- Aqua Nova filter media
- Dynaflo cartridges
- Elite filter media
- Fluval filter media
- Hailea filter media
- Jebo filter media
- Juwel filter media
- Marina filter media
- Ocean Free filter media
- Orca filter media
- Rena filter media
- Poly-Filter Pad and Other filter media
- Filter Media by type...
- Fish Food by type...
- Fish Food by brand...
- Aquarium Fish Medication...
- Aquarium Heaters and Accessories...
- Aquarium Lights & Tubes...
- Aquarium Ornaments/Decor...
- Air Bubbler Ornaments
- Artificial Coral & Resin Rock Ornaments
- Breeding and Spawning
- Castles, Bridges & Famous Places Ornaments
- Log & Wood Ornaments
- Natural Driftwood & Mangrove Root Wood
- Stone & Natural Rock Decorations
- Novelty, Movie & Character Ornaments
- Plant decorations
- Shipwreck & Ocean decorations
- Sea Shells, Starfish & Barnacles
- Aquarium Gravel, Sand and Substrates
- Aquarium Plants...
- Aquarium Powerheads & Pond Pumps
- Aquarium Test Kit & pH...
- Aquarium Water Conditioners...
- Aquarium Water Treatments...
- Algae treatment
- Ammonia and Nitrate treatment
- Betta fish treatment
- Biological treatment
- Black water extracts
- Bulk water treatment
- Cichlid treatment
- Goldfish treatment
- Phosphate treatment
- Plant treatment
- Pond water treatment
- Stress treatment
- Tap water conditioner
- Tropical fish treatment
- UV Sterilisers
- Waste treatment
- Marine & Reef Aquarium Products...
- Ponds and Outdoor Equipment
Aquarium Water Conditioners and Purifiers / Biotope Bio-Min Discus and Tropical 1 Litre
Item # MT1000
Contains essential electrolytes, increase General Hardness and and from common salt. Treats up to 4000 LitresFeatures
Bio-Min Discus and Tropical all in one mineral water conditioner, has been developed specifically for Discus and other soft water species. Bio-Min Discus and Tropical is the only Bio-Min product available that does not have a slow release pH stabilizer inbuilt, allowing you to regulate the pH specific to the requirements of your fish.
If you are setting up a NEW tropical aquarium and you require self regulating pH reading of 7.00 to 7.25 (perfect for most tropical tanks) we recommend that Bio-Min Discus and Tropical be used for the first 8 to 10 weeks or until the bottle is empty and then you switch to using Bio-Min Tropical Plus
- Increase the hardness of the water to 8 degrees
- Optimises nitrification
- Adds essential electrolytes
- Improves plant growth
- Is salt free contains no sodium chloride
- Dosage: 5ml per 10Litres with each water change, treating only the newly added water (Discus 5ml Per 20 Litres)
When it comes to water stability, the addition of a minerals complex cannot be understated.
The water hardness is the measure of total dissolved minerals in the water, by adding Bio-Min to the water, gives us the correct balance of minerals required. 8 degrees of total hardness or general hardness is idea for tropical aquariums and for Discus 4 degrees.
Bio-Min does not directly help with the process of nitrification, however Bio-Min does play a vital role in the conversion of ammonia and nitrite to nitrate.
Nitrification is the process of converting organic matter into Nitrate. Without nitrification to purify the water, our fish would die. Nitrification is the colonisation of millions of bacteria which live within the filtration system and these bacteria convert ammonia into nitrite, and then nitrite into nitrate, making the water safe for the fish.
Even these tiny bacteria need Bio-Min; For the aquarium water to remain stable, the bacteria have to continuously reproduce and the reproduction rate of nitrifying bacteria will be reduced considerably if the mineral content and pH level of the water is too low, in fact if the water becomes to acid the bacteria will die.
Bio-Min Discus and Tropical is great for your plants, providing the plants with Magnesium, calcium, carbonates, and potassium, all of which the plants require, along with Biotope Bio-Green and Bio-Green LOC for iron, manganese, copper and liquid organic carbon your plants are going to thrive.
Contains essential electrolytes, increase General Hardness and and from common salt. Treats up to 2000 Litres
Contains essential electrolytes, increase General Hardness and and from common salt. Treats up to 20000 Litres
AU$30.50Biotope Bio-Green FE Plant Fertiliser 1 Litre
Out of stock
Contains essential trace elements, iron, manganese and copper for strong and healthy plant growth. Treats 10000 Litres