- *** Clearance Items ***
- *** New Products ***
- Bulk Aquarium Supplies
- Betta Fish Supplies
- Planted Aquaria Supplies and Equipment
- Shrimp Supplies
- Turtle and Reptile Supplies
- Bird Supplies
- Cat Supplies
- Dog Supplies
- Spare Parts
- Aquarium & Fish Tanks
- Aquarium Accessories...
- Aquarium Air Pumps...
- Aquarium Air Stones & Valves...
- Aquarium Cleaning & Maintenance...
- Aquarium Filters...
- Aquarium Filter Media...
- AquaClear filter media
- Aquaworks filter media
- Aqua Nova filter media
- Dynaflo cartridges
- Elite filter media
- Fluval filter media
- Hailea filter media
- Jebo filter media
- Juwel filter media
- Marina filter media
- Ocean Free filter media
- Orca filter media
- Rena filter media
- Poly-Filter Pad and Other filter media
- Filter Media by type...
- Fish Food by type...
- Fish Food by brand...
- Aquarium Fish Medication...
- Aquarium Heaters and Accessories...
- Aquarium Lights & Tubes...
- Aquarium Ornaments/Decor...
- Air Bubbler Ornaments
- Artificial Coral & Resin Rock Ornaments
- Breeding and Spawning
- Castles, Bridges & Famous Places Ornaments
- Log & Wood Ornaments
- Natural Driftwood & Mangrove Root Wood
- Stone & Natural Rock Decorations
- Novelty, Movie & Character Ornaments
- Plant decorations
- Shipwreck & Ocean decorations
- Sea Shells, Starfish & Barnacles
- Aquarium Gravel, Sand and Substrates
- Aquarium Plants...
- Aquarium Powerheads & Pond Pumps
- Aquarium Test Kit & pH...
- Aquarium Water Conditioners...
- Aquarium Water Treatments...
- Algae treatment
- Ammonia and Nitrate treatment
- Betta fish treatment
- Biological treatment
- Black water extracts
- Bulk water treatment
- Cichlid treatment
- Goldfish treatment
- Phosphate treatment
- Plant treatment
- Pond water treatment
- Stress treatment
- Tap water conditioner
- Tropical fish treatment
- UV Sterilisers
- Waste treatment
- Marine & Reef Aquarium Products...
- Ponds and Outdoor Equipment
Aquarium Water Conditioners and Purifiers / Biotope Bio-Safe Tap Water Conditioner and Vitamin Supplement 125mL
Item # BS1251
Protects your fish. Treats up to 5000 Litres *** ON SPECIAL BROKEN CAP BUT STILL 100% FINE TO USE ***Features
- Removes chlorine and chloramines from tap water, adds vitamin B1, reduces stress and protects the fish's mucus membrane.
- Add Bio-Safe weekly to your aquarium, when doing water changes treat the entire water volume and not just the newly added water
- Contains 10 essential vitamins
- Vitamin B1 Thiamine
- Vitamin B3 Niacin
- Vitamin B9 Folic acid
- Vitamin B5 Calcium Pantophenate
- Vitamin B12 Cyanocobalamin
- Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin
- Vitamin C Ascorbic acid
- Vitamin H Biotin
- Vitamin D3
- Dosage: 5ml per 200Litres. Add Bio-Safe weekly to your aquarium, when doing water changes treat the entire water volume, not just the newly added water
Bio-Safe, the primary function of Bio-Safe is to remove chlorine and chloramines from tap water. Bio-Safe also binds heavy metals, protects the mucus membrane (slim coating), reduces fish stress, adds essential vitamins and strengthen fish during the breeding cycle.
Fish stress, fish often stress during and after water changes, a sudden drop in water temperature can cause the fish to stress, a change in the chemical balance can also be stressful for the fish, and for some fish they will hide when placing your hand or a hose into the aquarium, this is also stressful to the fish. When adding Bio-Safe to reduce stress always treat the entire water volume and not just the newly added water, if fish are showing high levels of stress or you want to be sure your fish are well protected Bio-Safe can be added at 4 times the normal dose rate.
Introducing new fish to your aquarium, this can also be stressful to the fish; we recommend that Bio-Safe always be added to the aquarium at 4 times the normal dose rate just prior to release the new fish into your aquarium. Damage to the fish’s mucus membrane is also a concern during this time; Bio-Safe also protects the fish’s slim coating.
Protecting the mucus membrane (slim coating), the fishes outer slim coating protects the fish from infection and disease. Fighting, breeding, poor water quality, sharp objects, diseases, catching and transporting fish, all and more can damage this protective membrane. Weekly dosing with Bio-Safe will help protect this important membrane.
Breeding, before, during and after breeding we recommend that Bio-Safe be added weekly to the aquarium at 5ml per 50 litres. Fish during the breeding cycle often become weak through exhaustion, stress and a lack of food.
While medicating, Bio-Safe can be added daily to the aquarium at 5ml per 200, during medication fish often refuse to eat, further weakening them and slowing their recovery, a lack of food could reduce their vitamin intake which can again slow their recovery.
Vitamins, fish unlike terrestrial animals can absorb vitamins directly from the water; even though fish have the ability to absorb vitamins in this way, it is fair to say that the majority of their vitamin intake is from their diet, having said that it doesn’t reduce the importance of adding vitamins directly to the water.
The vitamins in Bio-Safe play a vital role in the health and wellbeing of fish.
These vitamins are part of the enzymes needed for protein, and energy metabolism, part of the enzyme needed for making new cell, important to nerve function, vision, nervous system, digestive system, immune system, aids in iron absorption, skin and mucus membrane health.
Protects your fish. Treats up to 5000 Litres
Protects your fish. Treats up to 10000 Litres
Protects your fish. Treats up to 40000 Litres
Protects your fish. Treats up to 200,000 litres.