- *** Clearance Items ***
- *** New Products ***
- Bulk Aquarium Supplies
- Betta Fish Supplies
- Planted Aquaria Supplies and Equipment
- Shrimp Supplies
- Turtle and Reptile Supplies
- Bird Supplies
- Cat Supplies
- Dog Supplies
- Spare Parts
- Aquarium & Fish Tanks
- Aquarium Accessories...
- Aquarium Air Pumps...
- Aquarium Air Stones & Valves...
- Aquarium Cleaning & Maintenance...
- Aquarium Filters...
- Aquarium Filter Media...
- AquaClear filter media
- Aquaworks filter media
- Aqua Nova filter media
- Dynaflo cartridges
- Elite filter media
- Fluval filter media
- Hailea filter media
- Jebo filter media
- Juwel filter media
- Marina filter media
- Ocean Free filter media
- Orca filter media
- Rena filter media
- Poly-Filter Pad and Other filter media
- Filter Media by type...
- Fish Food by type...
- Fish Food by brand...
- Aquarium Fish Medication...
- Aquarium Heaters and Accessories...
- Aquarium Lights & Tubes...
- Aquarium Ornaments/Decor...
- Air Bubbler Ornaments
- Artificial Coral & Resin Rock Ornaments
- Breeding and Spawning
- Castles, Bridges & Famous Places Ornaments
- Log & Wood Ornaments
- Natural Driftwood & Mangrove Root Wood
- Stone & Natural Rock Decorations
- Novelty, Movie & Character Ornaments
- Plant decorations
- Shipwreck & Ocean decorations
- Sea Shells, Starfish & Barnacles
- Aquarium Gravel, Sand and Substrates
- Aquarium Plants...
- Aquarium Powerheads & Pond Pumps
- Aquarium Test Kit & pH...
- Aquarium Water Conditioners...
- Aquarium Water Treatments...
- Algae treatment
- Ammonia and Nitrate treatment
- Betta fish treatment
- Biological treatment
- Black water extracts
- Bulk water treatment
- Cichlid treatment
- Goldfish treatment
- Phosphate treatment
- Plant treatment
- Pond water treatment
- Stress treatment
- Tap water conditioner
- Tropical fish treatment
- UV Sterilisers
- Waste treatment
- Marine & Reef Aquarium Products...
- Ponds and Outdoor Equipment
Aquarium Water Conditioners and Purifiers / Biotope Bio-Min Tropical Plus 125mL
Item # MTP1251
Ideal for established aquariums. Treats up to 250LitresFeatures
- All in one mineral water conditioner, water hardener and pH stabilizer.
- Stabilizes the pH at 7.00 to 7.25
- Increase the hardness of the water to 8 degrees
- Optimises nitrification
- Adds essential electrolytes
- Improves plant growth
- Is salt free contains no sodium chloride
- Dosage: 5ml per 10 Litres with water change. Treat only newly changed water
When it comes to water stability, the addition of a minerals complex cannot be understated.
It is the balance of minerals that are responsible for the pH value of the water, if the balance is incorrect and certain minerals are lacking or in to higher quantities, the pH level will either drop and become acidic or increase and become alkaline, Bio-Min Tropical Plus will stabilise the pH at about natural 7.00 to 7.25.
Bio-Min Tropical Plus has been formulated on the assumption that the pH level of your water supply is at 7.00, if the pH value of your tap water is alkaline this means that there are already some minerals present in the water and we recommend that you bring the pH back to 7.00 By using Biotope (phosphate free) pH reducer before adding the water to your aquarium or adding Bio-Min.
The water hardness is the measure of total dissolved minerals in the water, by adding Bio-Min to the water, gives us the correct balance of minerals required. 8 degrees of total hardness or general hardness is idea for tropical aquariums.
Bio-Min does not directly help with the process of nitrification, however Bio-Min does play a vital role in the conversion of ammonia and nitrite to nitrate.
Nitrification is the process of converting organic matter into Nitrate. Without nitrification to purify the water, our fish would die. Nitrification is the colonisation of millions of bacteria which live within the filtration system and these bacteria convert ammonia into nitrite, and then nitrite into nitrate, making the water safe for the fish.
Even these tiny bacteria need Bio-Min; For the aquarium water to remain stable, the bacteria have to continuously reproduce and the reproduction rate of nitrifying bacteria will be reduced considerably if the mineral content and pH level of the water is too low, in fact if the water becomes to acid the bacteria will die.
Bio-Min Tropical Plus is great for your plants, providing the plants with Magnesium, calcium, carbonates, bi-carbonates, and potassium, all of which the plants require, along with Biotope Bio-Green and Bio-Green LOC for iron, manganese, copper and liquid organic carbon your plants are going to thrive.