- *** Clearance Items ***
- *** New Products ***
- Bulk Aquarium Supplies
- Betta Fish Supplies
- Planted Aquaria Supplies and Equipment
- Shrimp Supplies
- Turtle and Reptile Supplies
- Bird Supplies
- Cat Supplies
- Dog Supplies
- Spare Parts
- Aquarium & Fish Tanks
- Aquarium Accessories...
- Aquarium Air Pumps...
- Aquarium Air Stones & Valves...
- Aquarium Cleaning & Maintenance...
- Aquarium Filters...
- Aquarium Filter Media...
- AquaClear filter media
- Aquaworks filter media
- Aqua Nova filter media
- Dynaflo cartridges
- Elite filter media
- Fluval filter media
- Hailea filter media
- Jebo filter media
- Juwel filter media
- Marina filter media
- Ocean Free filter media
- Orca filter media
- Rena filter media
- Poly-Filter Pad and Other filter media
- Filter Media by type...
- Fish Food by type...
- Fish Food by brand...
- Aquarium Fish Medication...
- Aquarium Heaters and Accessories...
- Aquarium Lights & Tubes...
- Aquarium Ornaments/Decor...
- Air Bubbler Ornaments
- Artificial Coral & Resin Rock Ornaments
- Breeding and Spawning
- Castles, Bridges & Famous Places Ornaments
- Log & Wood Ornaments
- Natural Driftwood & Mangrove Root Wood
- Stone & Natural Rock Decorations
- Novelty, Movie & Character Ornaments
- Plant decorations
- Shipwreck & Ocean decorations
- Sea Shells, Starfish & Barnacles
- Aquarium Gravel, Sand and Substrates
- Aquarium Plants...
- Aquarium Powerheads & Pond Pumps
- Aquarium Test Kit & pH...
- Aquarium Water Conditioners...
- Aquarium Water Treatments...
- Algae treatment
- Ammonia and Nitrate treatment
- Betta fish treatment
- Biological treatment
- Black water extracts
- Bulk water treatment
- Cichlid treatment
- Goldfish treatment
- Phosphate treatment
- Plant treatment
- Pond water treatment
- Stress treatment
- Tap water conditioner
- Tropical fish treatment
- UV Sterilisers
- Waste treatment
- Marine & Reef Aquarium Products...
- Ponds and Outdoor Equipment
Fish Food / Vitalis Aquatic Nutrition SPS Coral Food 40g
Item # 100100
A complementary feed for small polyp stony corals *** ON SPECIAL EXP 02/20 ***Features
- SPS Food - Micronized Flake
- This micronized flake with particles ranging approximately from 100-400Ám is designed to mimic suspended particulate matter which corals trap in their polyps.
- Research suggests that feeding may improve the photosynthesis rate, increasing Zooxanthellae numbers within the coral. These convert the energy from sunlight into chemical energy required for growth. Due to the complexities of the modern reef aquarium it is impossible to give definitive instructions as every system is different, instead we have put together a rough guide that will help you to get the most out of the invertebrate range of products.
- Corals have evolved to feed at night when it is safe to extend their feeding polyps. The lack of coral polyp predators in our systems means that it is possible to entice your coral to feed during the day. If you introduce a small amount of food 5 mins before you intend feeding it trains theá coral to extend its polyps and be ready for the main meal.
- If possible turn off sump pump/filter pump for 10 to 20 min while you feed, leaving the circulation pumps on to keep the food in suspension.
- Mix the food with a small amount of tank water and target each coral using a turkey baster. If you cannot turn off the main pump still use the above delivery system but add the food upstream of your corals and allow it to circulate. If you do not have a turkey baster place a pinch directly under the water in an area of fast flow.
- Specially formulated to stimulate a natural feeding response.
- Unique micronized flake formulation.
- Improved water quality.
- Natural, sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Depending on population density, feed daily or every other day
- Use one scoop of SPS food for every 50 L of water. For heavily stocked aquariums use two scoops for every 50 L. For best results mix with a small quantity of aquarium water and add to water flow
- Ensure the coral is positioned with sufficient flow to allow waste food particles to be removed
- Do not put wet fingers in the pot
- Store in a cool dry place
- Scoop included inside
- Unique micronized flake formulation
- Natural ingredients
- Less waste - improved water quality
- Sustainably sourced ingredients
- Fish and Fish Derivatives, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Molluscs and Crustaceans, Oils and Fats, Minerals.á
- Protein 53.7%, Inorganic Matter 12.2%, Fat Content 10.5%.
- Technological additives: Antioxidants, preservatives. Nutritional additives: Vitamin A 15,000IU/kg, Vitamin D3 2,000IU/kg, Vitamin E 200mg/kg, Zinc sulphate monohydrate 208mg/kg, Manganous sulphate monohydrate 131mg/kg, Ferrous sulphate monohydrate 28.7mg/kg, Calcium iodate anhydrous 12.4mg/kg. Amino acids: L-threonine 48mg/kg, Taurine 367mg/kg.
you save AU$26.60)
A complementary feed for largel polyp stony corals